Monday 29 April 2013

Blood Work Results - Some Opinions Needed

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Blood Work Results - Some Opinions Needed - Page 1


03-01-2011, 04:19 PM
iroczinoz
Level 0
Join date: Jan 2011
Location:
Posts: 529


Okay saw the doctor and have a copy of the results. I have scanned them and attached.
So it looks like I missed out on these tests: E2,Cortisol,Vit D,rT3. I was dosing myself with cod liver oil (1 tablespoon a day) so I might be okay with Vit D but the rest who knows.

Well doctor looked over the results with me and had the following to say:

TSH is showing an upward trend and I have a sub-clinical Hypothyroidism condition.

Free T4 and Free T3 are in range and he said that my brain is working harder and harder to try and level out the TSH issue.

Cholesterol is elevated but this is not due to diet but related to the TSH. I kind of knew my cholesterol was not associated with my diet. I eat pretty clean and went on a 12 week diet which was extra clean and had no change.

Blood pressure was 138 over 95 which he said was elevated.

I asked would my thyroid be contributing to maybe lower test levels? He answered NO, but Testosterone might not be utilized effectively because of my under active thyroid. Not sure if this is true?

I said I wish my testosterone level would be a bit higher in the range, because as of now I am like a 60 year old. He pretty much seems to think my testosterone is fine, maybe I can try and have it boosted naturally (but I don't think any of those things work) I am pretty lean, I exercise, don't smoke or drink so I am not sure what else. So looks like no luck in having any testosterone help is going to go through.

Well I might feel a lot better once I start taking this medication he prescribed me. In 2 weeks he wants to see me and in 1 month I will have another blood test. So if there is anything I should bring up when I see him next, input is appreciated. He will adjust the dose after my next blood test. I guess I should ask to go below 1 in TSH value, so maybe 2 tablets might be needed but we will see.

I have been prescribed:
Thyroxine Sodium Tablet 50mcg x 1 tablet daily.

In a way I am happy that finally something is being done and I might start feeling better. I did want to ask you guys what are my chances of feeling stronger, making gains and feeling back to normal if I sort this Thyroid issue out with taking these pills?

I have really struggled to put on weight and strength over the last few years.

He sounds pretty convinced I will feel much better and have better energy as well as strength, so I am hoping so too.